WORTH IT: Anastasia Modern Renaissance Palette Review, Swatch, Price, Looks

Here's a review on Anastasia Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance.

PRICE: P2,500.00
FROM: Asked my friend to purchase in the USA
OTHER LOCATIONS: Available through online resellers

 THE VERDICT:

So I took the plunge and I'm glad I did. Took me a couple of months to finally decide to purchase Modern Renaissance palette and it's this year's best eyeshadow palette purchase of mine to date. It's hyped, but the hype is real!


WHAT IS IT?

Best- selling Modern Renaissance features 14 eyeshadow shades in neutral and berry tones.

 It's a sleek palette in a blush pink tone; so pretty!

 Here's a close up of this pretty palette; it's covered in velour!

Ingredients

The palette comes with an embedded mirror and a dual ended brush that features a tapered brush and blending brush. Finally! Someone has thought of including tapered and bullet brushes in eyeshadow palettes! Because these two are the most useful eye brushes in my opinion!

Oooohhhh! Look at those gorgeous colors! This is arguably the eyeshadow palette that revolutionized berry and red tones!

Here are the swatches:

L-R: Tempera, Golden Ochre, Vermeer, Buon Fresco, Antique Bronze, Love Letter, Cyprus Umber

L-R: Raw Sienna, Burnt Orange, Primavera, Red Ochre, Vibrant Red, Warm Taupe, Realgar

1. Tempera- shell white (matte)
2. Golden Ochre- light yellow (matte)
3. Vermeer- pinkish pearl (shimmer)
4. Buon Fresco- lavender (matte)
5. Antique Bronze- bronze/purple (frost)
6. Love Letter- hot pink (matte)
7. Cyprus Umber- dark brown/taupe
8. Raw Sienna- warm ochre
9. Burnt Orange- soft vintage orange
10. Primavera- light gold (shimmer)
11. Red Ochre- midtone red with brown undertone
12. Venetian Red- warm red with pink undertone
11. Warm Taupe- midtone taupe (matte)
12. Realgar- terracotta (matte)

I like the number and shade selections of the matte variants in the palette. What impressed me the most about the product is the texture: it's buttery, but silky and soft; definitely better and glides on better than some luxury eyeshadows I have tried. Also, the matte eyeshadows are oh so easy to blend! There's no fallout and pigmentation is heavy - a small dot is all you need to get visible color.

As for staying power, they hold up pretty well on normal skin; a primer is needed for oily lids. If used with a good primer, these shadows become virtually bulletproof! :D

HOW IS IT? WHAT DOES IT LOOK LIKE?

Here are some looks I created with the palette:

Red Ochre + Cyprus Umber + Realgar + Tempera

Cyprus Umber + Venetian Red

Buon Fresco + Antique Bronze + Cyprus Umber + Burnt Orange

I'd also like to praise this palette for coming up with a lavender shade that shows up really well on morena skin!

I can go on and on about how much I love this palette; it's an all in one palette that lets you switch from a neutral to colorful look in an instant, the colors are true on the skin as it does on the pan plus they look good on all skin tones, and its texture is amazing!!!

ANASTASIA BEVERLY HILLS MODERN RENAISSANCE RATING


Post a Comment

15 Comments

  1. You look very pretty on the last picture Martha, simple yet sophisticated. I love that eyeshadow palette but it's way expensive for me hehe..

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks so good Ms. M! Do you think BYS berries eyeshadow palette can be it's dupe? 😊

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the looks you made here, Ms. Martha. Is it better than Urban decay Naked and Too Faced Chocolate Bar? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The much-raved palette :) I love the eye makeup you've made using this palette!!! The palette is so beautiful Ms. Martha!!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG!!!! I love the combination of Buon Fresco + Antique Bronze + Cyprus Umber + Burnt Orange!!! It suits you well. 💕 not a pro on applying eyeshadows, but I would definitely want to learn how you do that! I really love it. It looks so freshhhh 😍

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow I love the looks you created for this palette! And they look very nice and pigmented too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm saving for this!It's expensive pero super daming magandang reviews about it! It's like almost every bloggers have it and I can't wait to buy it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ugghhh! High end price but does her job well 🙌🏻 I can stare at this all day 🙈 All colors suits you well and you can totally create different looks with it yayy! can't help but to admire ✨ one of the best palette I've ever seen. Thanks for sharing this Ms. Martha 👍🏻

    ReplyDelete
  9. I also want one 😭 The colors are just perfect 👌🏼👌🏼👌🏼 No doubt that ABH made such amazing products, but now im torn between this modern renaissance and the UD naked heat.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hate me now but burnt orange is the only shade that draws me in to this palette hahaha. I notice that Naked heat seems inspired by ABH.

    ReplyDelete
  11. My HG eyeshadow palette! but good thing for me when I have the BYS berries from Mini M&G of Kris Lumagui which they said that dupe of ABH Modern Renaissance. Feeling ko meron na rin ako ABH. I love how you created your looks from ABH. Bagay na bagay sya Ms. Martha. 😍😍😍

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ang ganda gandaaaa mo talaga! Huhuhu 😍😍😍 btw, Ms Martha, please try the Beauty Creations Irrisistible Platte too. Dupe daw siya ni ABH.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like most the last picture of you. Very simple and pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like the combination sa last picture ang sarap sa eyes :)

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)